Monday, October 20, 2014

A trip to Bam Luang Waterfall Park

Location: Bam Luang Waterfall Park, Kranuan, Khon Kaen Province
Date: Saturday 10 October, 2014
Areas visited: Small, lowland-forested waterfalls/stream and lowland lakes
 
Another quick trip almost to the most northerly edge of Khon Kaen province, didn't yield much in terms of species (it was vey quiet), but did add another species to my ever-growing Khon Kaen province species list. I saw Agriocnemis femina femina for the first time in KK province, following 6 years of searching. Not a rare species, by any stretch of the imagination, but one I thought wasn't present in the province. Well, it is - just. The species was abundant in one field just away from the park. That said, I didn't spot it anywhere else. Still, it has now been recorded. Other than that, it was very common species all the way, though I did spot Ceriagrion cerinorubellum yet again ... I seem to spot a solitary male on each of my trips of late.
 
My best photos of the day:
Welcome to Khon Kaen, Mr. and Mrs. A. femina
  
 
 
 
Are you the same male, following me around?
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Next trip: A return to Joe's Pad ... in search of B. sobrina, female!

No comments:

Post a Comment